After watching the furniture industry mimic the fast fashion industry – forgetting the true need of the customer – we decided there should be change, and that it should be us.
Our mission is simple: pioneer a truly sustainable approach to furniture retail, placing customer needs at the heart of everything we do.
We launched our concept in July last year and since then, have grown month on month. Today we need a team who can come together behind a sustainable ethos and a common goal, to change the furniture industry, by being the change.
Your mission is to: help, support, educate and nurture the customer. We want you to be the voice of our mission – the friend on the end of the phone/keyboard, helping the customer make the best decision for their home (regardless of what that may be).
We don’t need seasoned professionals, we just need people of passion. We want to add as much value to you, as you do to us.
What success could look like for you:
By Month 1: Immerse yourself in the world of Sustainable Flatpack. Understand how we operate, design and make our furniture and how we plan to grow. Deal with your first customer enquiries and support operations.
By Month 2: Feeling comfortable to be one of the main voices of our brand, interact with customers across our social platforms, email, live chat and on the phone. Add value to the customer wherever you can, whilst we help you develop your skills.
By Month 3: Have the confidence to voice your thoughts, helping us shape our strategies. From your frontline experience, inform the team about what you are hearing, seeing and reading. How can we be better?
Month 4 and beyond: Living, breathing Sustainable Flatpack. You’ll be fully focused on the customer need, having full ownership over your role. Help us grow the team into a dedicated force to be reckoned with.
You would make a great fit if:
- You’re a passionate people person and like engaging with customers
- You’re driven and self motivated – you want to excel at what you do!
- You’re tech savvy
- You thrive in a multitasking environment and can organise your time efficiently
- You believe in understanding a customer’s pain, building value and solving problems
- You’re a team player who works and engages with others to achieve results
- You’re a strategic thinker and like to offer new ideas/solutions to improve things
Skills & Experience
Our skills and experience are all ‘nice to haves’ and are not mandatory.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a customer facing role
- Strong copywriting skills with the ability to adapt to different formats and channels.
- You’re a natural when it comes to social media.
- Previous experience in Customer Success, Customer Support or a project delivery role.
- You’re handy with a DSLR
- Flexible Hours (furniture time never beats family time).
- Flexible Location (work remotely and at the workshop).
- Furniture Discounts (obviously)
- Sustainable travel incentive schemes
- A compulsory 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays a year. If you need a few more, that’s fine. We’re a team, we support each other.
- Computer equipment provided if required