We are looking for a Product design-engineer, enthusiastic about the future of digital and distributive manufacture.
This team member will have full access to Grains digital fabrication hub, consisting of 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC milling machines. Further responsibilities consist of putting together presentations, technical packages and collaborating in ideation and critical design workshops.
Skills we are looking for:
- BSC Product design (or similar)
- Fantastic CAD modelling skills (Fusion 360 prefered)
- Experience with parametric CAD design (Fusion 360 prefered)
- Good technical understanding of CAM
- CAM programming experience (CNC milling prefered)
- Good technical understanding of design for manufacture, processes and materials.
- Can produce high-quality products and interior renders (Keyshot prefered)
- Effective communication skills
- Team player
- Furniture Discounts (obviously)
- Sustainable travel incentive schemes
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays a year. If you need a few more, that’s fine. We’re a team, we support each other.
- Computer equipment provided if required
What we’d like to see:
- Short portfolio (10-12 slides): (Provide Web link on CV)
– A showcase of technical packages
– Technical drawings and elevations for manufacture
– CAD Models
– Exploded views
– Product renders
– Ideation work
– Examples of digitally manufactured products. (Pref CNC Milling experience)
- CV or LinkedIn Profile:
- Cover letter
The successful applicants will be contacted for a portfolio review and interview. Depending on the COVID pandemic, this may be online or London based at our studio.
Job start date: Autumn 2020